Our preschool curriculum is based on learning through play, meeting each child at his or her level, developing self esteem and instilliing a positive attitude toward school.
- Literacy: Story time, speaking and listening skills, building vocabulary, rhyming, alliteration, letter recognition, phonics, sight words, pre-reading skills, print and book awareness.
- Math skills: Number sense, counting, comparisons, computation using manipulatives, concepts of time, measurement, temperature, weight, length, geometric shapes, sorting, graphing and patterning.
- Art activties: Painting, watercolors, finger paints, play dough, learning to use safety scissors, coloring and markers.
- Dramatic play: Home living corner, dress-up clothes, workshop and puppets.
- Science: Plants, animals, weather, seasonal changes, nature walks, making predictions and drawing conclusions.
- Music: Singing, finger plays, musical instuments, rhythm, scale and handbells.
- Large motor skills: Outdoor play, tumbling, parachute play, bean bags, scooters and balance beam.
- Small motor skills: Many different types of blocks, legos, gears, manipulatives, light table, play dough, sand table, beginning hand writing skills, correct pencil grip, tracing letters and learning to write letters.